Wife. Puppy Mama. Christ Follower. California Living.
47 Questions to Ask Your Significant Other About Their Perspectives
Perspectives, eh? That feels like a broad topic. These questions will cover religion, race and culture, politics, career, and your future plans... following the chapters of the book, "1001 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married." Perspectives steer your future and set the example that your children will follow. It's super important to understand each other's beliefs and perspectives before you get married. These questions will help improve understanding.
1. Do you and your partner share the same religious faith?
2. How important is religion in your own life? 3. How often do you plan on attending religious services? 4. Will you be an active member of your church's community? 5. What faith will you raise your children? Is a specific denomination important to you? 6. Will you harbor any negative feelings toward any particular religion? 7. Will you contribute part of your income to a religious organization? 8. Do you and your partner disagree about certain religious beliefs? If so, describe. 9. If you seek marital counseling will you contact a religious professional? 10. Do you have a strong belief in astrology?
11. Do you believe God has a plan for you to follow? If so, what is it? 12. How strongly do you believe in fate and destiny? 13. Do you have a religious view of how the different sexes should behave? 14. Do you or your partner believe some racial or cultural stereotypes are true? 15. Have you ever been the victim of racism? 16. What are your feelings toward racial or ethnic jokes and slurs? 17. If you're a culturally or racially mixed couple, how will you cope with those who don't approve of your union? 18. Do you believe your partner doesn't really understand or respect your culture? If so, what aspects? 19. Are you uncomfortable in a group where you are the only member of your race or culture? 20. What's your political affiliation?
21. Do you think couples should share in the same party affiliation? 22. Did you vote in the last election? if so, for which candidates? 23. What do you believe is the most important current issue in politics? 24. If you became a political activist, which organization would you support? 25. How would you feel if your partner supported an opposing candidate or political measure? 26. Do you feel we have too little, too much, or just enough laws protecting the environment? 27. What laws or policies do you think would make the world a better place? 28. What's your opinion on taxes? How would you determine who pays and how much should be paid? 29. What are your views on illegal immigration? 30. What is your ideal job? 31. If you have a degree, are you working in your field of studies? If not, are you disappointed?
32. How long do you usually stay with a company? 33. Do you feel like you have a "job," or a "career"? 34. Would you take a job that required frequent overnight travel? 35. Do you want to change careers? If so, what's your plan? 36. Would you rather have a job or be supported by your spouse? 37. How would you feel if your partner's job were more prestigious than yours? 38. Are you proud of what you do for a living? 39. Are you proud of what your partner does for a living? 40. Would you support your spouse's dream of starting a business or going back to school, even if it meant you needed to go back to work or that you wouldn't be financially stable for a while? 41. Are you the type of person to take your work home with you? 42. Have you ever been called a workaholic? 43. What would you do if your partner were laid off and couldn't find work for over a year?
44. Describe yourselves on your one-year anniversary of being married.... place of residence, type of housing, profession and income, family size, and a typical week in your life?
45. Describe yourselves on your ten-year anniversary of being married.... place of residence, type of housing, profession and income, family size, and a typical week in your life? 46. Describe yourselves on your twenty-year anniversary of being married.... place of residence, type of housing, profession and income, family size, and a typical week in your life? 47. Describe yourselves on your fifty-year anniversary of being married.... place of residence, type of housing, profession and income, family size, and a typical week in your life?