10 Tips to Get Through a Tough Week10:27:00 PM
Some of you have asked about when a new post would be up. Truthfully, I have been dealing with some really difficult things in my life, as well as a really demanding course load at the Business School. From about 7 am to 2 am I'm doing school-related work. Here are my fashionable, beautiful, and inspiring tips to get through a difficult week.
1. Forget stuffing yourself into skinny jeans. If it's going to be a long week, there is no way in hell I would subject myself to sitting at a desk all day in my tightest, cardboard-like skinny jeans. No, thank you. I'll stick with my roomy, jersey cotton dress and leggings.
2. Buy yourself some flowers. If you don't have a man to buy them for you (I love you, Jesse), pick up a bouquet next time you're at the grocery store. While you're scanning the flower section, pick up the bouquet that "speaks to you." Make them last by changing the water every 3 days and snipping the stems 1 inch after 1 week. Remember, you're worth it.
3. Shower before bed. It will calm your anxious mind and help you fall asleep faster. I know the feeling of laying in bed, running through your mental to-do list, then looking at your phone to check the time and realizing you have to wake up in 4 hours. It's an "fml" moment.
5. A Daily "POA" (Plan of Action) is a MUST. I write mine in this random little notebook I found at my mom's house last summer. It was ugly on the outside, so I made a collage all over it with decoupage and my favorite fashions and sayings. Add a layer of decoupage on the outside for a waterproof, glossy finish. It will make cracking open your "To-Do" list feel like cracking open your favorite fashion magazine. Totally motivating and inspiring, right?
6. Take little breaks to research something FUN online. For me that would be London, potential internships, and online magazines. One favorite website to procrastinate online is www.hercampus.com.
7. Do 1 memorable thing each day. It's so easy to fall into the black hole of school work and then, one day, realize, "What have I been doing the last 3 months? What just happened?" Make it a point to try new things. For me, I'm going to check out the live Irish music at the Starbucks in my local Barnes and Noble on Monday nights. Maybe i'll get my jig on.
8. Wash your hair every other day. Many of us don't realize the time it takes for us to wash, blow dry, and style our hair. Not only will washing every other day save you time, but it will cut down the amount of heat you're using on your hair, preventing those luscious locks from getting all dry and brittle.
9. When you just want to be held, remember this: "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will hold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10.
10. No time for movies? Watch your favorite scenes on Youtube.
Hang in there :]