12 Tips for Wearing a Denim Vest7:29:00 PM
I've seen these all over London, and I have a feeling they're about to hit America soon-- like a denim tsunami. Brace yourselves. And remember:1. Cropped vests are less frumpy (bottom should come to your belly button).
2. NEVER button up a denim vest-- think of it as a cardigan.
3. If you wear a vest over a tee make sure the vest is much larger than the tee. We don't want to look like a stuffed sausage.
4. Denim vests over sundresses are THE best way to wear vests in the summer.
5. Feeling like your strapless top/dress is a little skimpy? Visiting the boyfriend's parents? Going to church? If so, you definitely qualify for wearing a vest.
6. Kim Kardashian proves that denim vests can be sexy.
7. If you are "well-endowed" make sure to get a vest without the breast pockets.
8. The denim vest is the new lace/crochet vest.... in my opinion.
9. In general, the wider the width of the vest on your shoulder, the more boxy you will look (See photo). Go for a slimmer width that shows more skin.
10. A vest should ALWAYS be worn over SOMETHING. It is not a shirt... I repeat, not a shirt. (Just like leggings are not pants)
11. If you're afraid of looking like a hick, then go for white denim-- it has a more of a modern, city vibe.
12. Never combine a denim vest with white tennis shoes..... Seinfeld anyone?
Will YOU be trying this look? Let me know! I'm thinking about it for over some sundresses!